6. Non-Immigrant Visa - Business "B"

6. Non-Immigrant Visa - Business "B"

20 Sep 2019

  This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to: 
* 1.1 work in Thailand
  1.2 conduct a business in Thailand
  1.3 work in a private school/academic institution in Thailand

1.4 other purposes (football player, short term training with a private company)




  Visa application form completely filled out  
  Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and a copy of passport  
  - One (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant (taken within the last 6 months). The photograph must have a light color background with a full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.   
*2.1 Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide :  
  - Evidence of educational qualifications  

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour 

   To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to
   submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment,  
   Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her
   respective province. 

  - Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 
  (only in the case where the applicant has previously worked in Thailand). 
  - Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:
   1) business registration and business license
   2) list of shareholders
   3) company profile
   4) details of business operation
   5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions
   6) map indicating location of the company
   7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax
       (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)
   8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)
  -  Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only),
   or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only).

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she
  has been granted a work permit.

- An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment
  without a work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in
  certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined,
  or shall face both penalties.

*2.2 Foreigners who wish to conduct business in Thailand must provide :  
  - Letter from the applicant’s company indicating the applicant’s position, length of employment,
   salary and purpose of visit(s) to Thailand
  - Documents showing correspondence with business partners in Thailand  
  - Evidence of financial status in the case where the applicant is self-employed  
  - Letter of invitation from trading or associated partners/companies in Thailand  
  - Corporate documents of associated partners/companies in Thailand such as:
   1) business registration and business license
   2) list of shareholders
   3) company profile / Copies of company documents must be signed by the
       Board of Directors or authorised managing director and affix seal of company.
   4) details of business operation
   5) map indicating location of the company
   6) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50
       and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year
   7) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)
*2.3 Foreigners who intend to take up employment as school teachers in Thailand must provide :  
  - Letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand  
  - Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission  
  - Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates  
  - School license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile  
  - Applicant’s resume  
  - Police certificate verifying that the applicant has no criminal record or an equivalent letter issued by
  authorised agencies in the applicant’s country (3 months validity)
*2.4 Foreigners who intend to take up employment as football player in Thailand
must provide :
  - Letter from the inviting football association in Thailand   
  - Letter from the Sport Authority of Thailand  
  - Copy of an employment contract indicating position and salary  
  - Original financial document/Bank statement of the applicant (3 months validity)  
  - Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record and drugs record
  by authorised agencies in the applicant’s country (3 months validity)

- FOR NON-RUSSIAN CITIZENS, a copy of temporary/permanent residence permit or a copy of valid Russian visa or copies of immigration card and registration paper 

- FOR SELF-EMPLOYED, business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name

- FOR MINOR UNDER 20 YEARS OLD, please provide following documents:
     1) a notarised copy of a birth certificate 
     2) a notarised letter of consent 
from mother / father/ legal guardian for the minor to travel abroad (in case that the minor is travelling without or with either one of the parents)



Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents and/or invite the applicants for an interview as deemed necessary.

  The applicant must endorse on each and every page of the submitted copies of documentation.   
  80 USD (single entry)  
  200 USD (multiple entries) 
  The validity of a visa is 3 months.

Upon entry into the Kingdom, applicant or his or her appointed representatives must apply
for a work permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment,
Ministry of Labour in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax accordingly. 

If the applicant’s associated company is located in the provinces, the applicant must apply
for a work permit at the Employment Office of that province.


Foreign citizens who hold a Transit Visa (“TS”) or Tourist Visa (“TR”) and wish to engage
in business activities in Thailand may apply for a change of type of visa (e.g., from Tourist Visa
to Non-Immigrant Visa)

Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application
for permission at:

The Office of Immigration Bureau
Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7,
Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel: +662-141-9889
or at 

     The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely
at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

      Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Royal
Thai Embassy in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy.
Therefore, travellers are adivised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy to find out
where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.