17 Nov 2020
TOURIST VISA (TR)
requirements and procedures during travel restriction
- Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the Royal Thai Embassy suspended all walk-in /over the counter services at the Embassy.
- The visa application must be submitted ONLY at VFS or at Royal Thai Honorary Consulate in Belarus.
1. What are the conditions?
Single-Entry Tourist Visa (TR) may be granted to short term visitors who intend to stay in Thailand up to 60 days. Upon arrival in Thailand the applicant will be allowed to stay in Thailand up to 60 days and can be extended up to 30 days in Thailand.
2. How to apply for the TR? (Application Procedures)
Applicant must submit all required documents below to VFS Global visa center to apply for a visa. ( https://www.vfsglobal.com/Thailand/Russia/English/index.html ) at least 15 working days prior to intended departure:
(1) A passport valid for more than 6 months from the date of entry to Thailand;
(2) One recent colour photograph (4x6 cm), taken within the last 6 months;
(3) A Completed and signed visa application form. (Completed and signed by the applicant.) Children must have their own visa application and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must sign the form on the child's behalf;
(4) Original statement from local bank showing a closing balance not less than 20,000 Baht / person, approximately 700 USD;
(5) Hotel booking confirmation with a proof of payment for Quarantine period:
5.1 Alternative Quarantine (AQ/ASQ/ALQ) booking confirmation with a proof of payment; OR
5.2 (For Phuket Sandbox) SHABA Certificate issued unter the SHABA system (SHA Plus booking Authentification System); OR
5.3 (For Samui Plus) Confirmation of pre-paid hotel (Samui SHA+ Certificate)
*The list of SHA+ hotel can be found at https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/
(6) Proof of Accommodation after quarantine period. It can be:
- Hotel booking confirmation covering all stay period in Thailand; or
- A certificate of ownership of a property in Thailand.;
(7) Proof of relationship for spouse (Marriage certificate) and for the child/children under 18 years old (Birth certificate);
(8) Health Insurance covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19, worth at least USD 100,000 during the entire stay in Thailand;
(9) Copy of Vaccine Certificate for those who are going to Thailand with Sandbox Programme.
(10) Return air ticket;
(11) Application fee 40 usd;
* For spouse and child/children of applicants must be also submit document no. (4).
** In case that the child of the applicant does not have own bank’s account, the applicant can submit, on behalf of the child, the applicant’s bank statement with the equivalent amount of not less than 40,000 Baht
3. How to get COE before travelling?
After receiving visa from VFS, applicants need to register and upload documents for Certificate of Entry (COE) online at http://coethailand.mfa.go.th. The COE registration guideline is attached. CLICK
4. Get ready for travelling!
All visitors with approved Visa will be required to present the following documents to the airline check-in staff at the departure airport and concerned authorities upon arrival in Thailand:
(1) Certificate of Entry (COE);
(2) ASQ booking confirmation with a proof of payment/ SHABA Certificate;
(3) Health Insurance covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19, worth at least USD 100,000 during the entire stay in Thailand (Visitors can also purchase from http://covid19.tgia.org/);
(4) A COVID-Free medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory result, tested no more than 72 hours before departure result must be in English or in Russian with notarised English translation;
(5) Valid visa and passport
** All documents in Russian / other language must be translated into English with notariesed translation **
- The Royal Thai Embassy in Moscow reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants are found to provide false documents or give false information, their applications will be rejected and be reported for further determination of appropriate action and future prohibition to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Applicants should submit the applications with no less than 15 days prior to the intended departure date.
ROYAL THAI EMBASSY, MOSCOW
17 August 2021